Adding Photos to an Email

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Blue26, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Blue26 macrumors member

Hello,

Converted from PC to Mac earlier this year.

Can someone please confirm for me that there is no way to import photos into the body of an email (using both Outlook 11 and OS mail) and then resize them ?

In virtually every Win email ap, I can drag the corner of a photo or right click and adjust properties to resize an image.

From what I can gather, I have to size all images using a separate ap, and then import them into the email. I understand that this possibly degrades the quality of an image, but there's tons of reasons why this is helpful.

So say I have image.jpg in iPhoto, I first must make a copy of it, and then resize that copy ... then import it to the email, send and then delete the extra copy ?

I understand if you add images as attachments, you can later specify to make pictures smaller .. but in my example I wanted to add several pictures from different sources (640x480) side by side for comparison with a current HD pic from my phone.

In searching for this, I get the impression that it's not possible to do this. However most of the posts were several years old. Am I missing something ?

TY

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You can't resize in Mail.

No, just Export them via iPhoto's File Menu where you can choose the size you need. I just export to the Desktop, then drag and drop into an email.

3. Blue26 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply Dave, I really appreciate the time.

I'll try your suggestion.