Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powpow

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2004
Am I missing something? Is it not possible to add a photo attachment to an email? Do you have to start in Photos and choose email?

If yes, this is just annoying and it seems like something Apple should add immediately. How hard can it be to click "Add Photo" after starting an email and choose a photo attachment?

Maybe I'm just greedy....

anamznazn

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
i was just thinking the SAME thing when i was typing up an email the other day. i couldn't find ANY type of attachment icon or anything. matter of fact, i had to go to my photos and send an email through there just like you said....AND retype my whole email.

that's where copy and paste would have came in handy. dammit. :mad:

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Similarly, why can't I select multiple photos to send? That would sure be handy, especially for loading up to my MobileMe gallery.

Pandora01

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2008
Toronto
Yeah, I discovered that the other day, too. I had to send the email that I had already started typing (no copy and paste... and there was no way I was going to write everything again). Then I had to send three separate emails each with 1 photo attached. Kind of a pain in the ass. I hope something more user-friendly is included in a future update.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Similarly, why can't I select multiple photos to send? That would sure be handy, especially for loading up to my MobileMe gallery.

This would be great!!! Instead of sending three or four emails, send one! This is a great suggestion!!!

I have thought about this for a while, I would also like to be able to add a file to my iPhone without iTunes......... :)

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
This has been my #1 pet peeve with the iPhone (and I purchased the original one on launch day 2007). I always wondered why it never bothered anyone but me...but finally it seems you guys share my pain!

But seriously...it needs to get fixed. It's embarrassing.

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
Hypothetical situation.

You're on vacation, and didn't bring your laptop along. Why do you need one? You've got the iPhone. :cool: So you took a whole bunch of pictures on your phone that you want to send to Grandma back home. What does Apple expect you to do? Send 72 separate e-mails?

DN7335

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Hypothetical situation.

You're on vacation, and didn't bring your laptop along. Why do you need one? You've got the iPhone. :cool: So you took a whole bunch of pictures on your phone that you want to send to Grandma back home. What does Apple expect you to do? Send 72 separate e-mails?

Apparently yes...or use one of the photo services that allows you to upload your pictures so she could see them that way.

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
The lack of this didn't bother me too much until today, when in the middle of a chain of emails being sent back and forth between 6 people at the same time, I needed to throw in a pic from my phone.. Had to forward the pic from my phone to my work email, save to my desktop, open the MM web interface, hit reply all, attach the pic, then fix everybody's address that had their real name next to it in the address bar since MM couldn't figure it out, even though it CAME from MM.. what a tremendous PITA..

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
Hypothetical situation.

Can you upload your pictures to Mobile Me from the iPhone and email grandma the link?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.