Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
hey everyone,

I added a playlist to My Music. Then downloaded them for offline playback.

However, it doesn't add them to my normal music library... Instead I have to hit 'Playlists' at the top under the search.

Is there a way to make it so it also adds all the artists and songs in a playlist to your normal Music library tab?

Thanks a lot!

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
hey everyone,

I added a playlist to My Music. Then downloaded them for offline playback.

However, it doesn't add them to my normal music library... Instead I have to hit 'Playlists' at the top under the search.

Is there a way to make it so it also adds all the artists and songs in a playlist to your normal Music library tab?

Thanks a lot!

I believe it does add the songs within that playlist, but the playlist itself is under the playlist tab.

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
I believe it does add the songs within that playlist, but the playlist itself is under the playlist tab.
Interesting. My sister has added a playlist of Britney Spears (I know!!!) but although it's all on her phone and offline etc Britney isn't in the artists tab.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Interesting. My sister has added a playlist of Britney Spears (I know!!!) but although it's all on her phone and offline etc Britney isn't in the artists tab.

Did she create a playlist or add it via the Apple Music suggested ones? Shouldn't matter and it doesn't have to be downloaded for offline. Is iCloud Music Library enabled?

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Did she create a playlist or add it via the Apple Music suggested ones? Shouldn't matter and it doesn't have to be downloaded for offline. Is iCloud Music Library enabled?
Hey.

It was in her recommended playlists. Workout playlist or something. She did the usual thing of hitting the plus, then hitting the cloud to download them all. I'll check iCloud music library is enabled :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.