Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I posted a similar question earlier this week, but here is the short version of it.

When I download podcasts directly onto my Iphone (through the Iphone Itunes app), and then enter the Ipod library of my Iphone after the download, at times, all my music will disappear from my Iphone.

When I connect my Iphone to my MBP, the music reappears in my Iphone library in Itunes. When I dismount the Iphone, the music is back on my Iphone (with no syncing taking place).

Why is this happening? I've tried doing a new restore but the problem remains. I may be able to avoid this issue by adding podcasts via syncing with my MBP instead of direct downloads via the Iphone Itunes app, however I'd like to avoid doing that as it is much easier for me to simply download and erase podcasts directly from my Iphone.

Please help. Thanks.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
As I said in the other thread, I believe this is a bug in iTunes 9 and/or iPhone firmware 3.1.x. Nothing to do other than wait for Apple to fix it. If you feel proactive about it, contact Apple customer service and report the problem.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
i'll hold off and see if anything changes with the next itunes release and iphone firmware update. i fear this issue will remain even upon those future releases. we shall see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.