Adding quicktime to website?

tj2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
185
0
Florida - USA
Hi all,

Got stumped! Been trying to add a quicktime .mov file to a website now and been going crazy! I've tried the
Code:
<object>
and
Code:
<embed>
tags together as well as the
Code:
<embed>
by itself. No go... I'd rather not link directly to the .mov file simply because I want more control over the page.

So I'm using a javascript pop-up window. Any help would be appreciated!
 

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
2,111
0
Fort Myers, FL
I use Adobe GoLive to plug my Quicktime stuff into web pages. The code below is what drives the quicktime on this page.

<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" height="316" width="448">
<param name="cache" value="true">
<param name="src" value="entry-qtcubic.mov">
<param name="autoplay" value="true">
<param name="controller" value="true">
<embed height="316" src="entry-qtcubic.mov" type="video/quicktime" width="448" controller="true" autoplay="true" cache="true">
</object>
 

tj2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
185
0
Florida - USA
Cooknn said:
I use Adobe GoLive to plug my Quicktime stuff into web pages. The code below is what drives the quicktime on this page.

<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" height="316" width="448">
<param name="cache" value="true">
<param name="src" value="entry-qtcubic.mov">
<param name="autoplay" value="true">
<param name="controller" value="true">
<embed height="316" src="entry-qtcubic.mov" type="video/quicktime" width="448" controller="true" autoplay="true" cache="true">
</object>
Thank you sincerely! I was thinking there might have been some type of issues with QT 7 or something... I believe I fixed it. If you or anyone else gets a chance can someone please go to Ocala Grooming there is a thumbnail to open the movie. Let me know if it works please.

Also, what QT format is best for small clips like this? Like .mp4 or .mov; how do I make a .mpeg?

Last question: Cooknn, please tell me how you created those really neat 360 QT files! Please! :D :D :D
 

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
1,526
0
Long Beach, California
Works perfectly. I'd change the QT icon on the pop-up page, it doesn't really look like the QT icon from a regular user perspective.

Using h.263 in a .mov is probably best, since h.264 won't be widely accepted in QT by Windows users for a good year. Try out the h.263 encoder and do some test files. BTW, the current movie streams perfectly for me on my DSL connection.

Those 360° files are called QTVR's, or QuickTime Virtual Reality. You can create them using pictures you take with a regular camera (although for best results pro cameras are best), and using special software (paid or free, search around on Apple's website) to stitch the photos together.
-Chase
 

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
1,526
0
Long Beach, California
I found a bug, but I can't reproduce it 100% of the time. In Safari, when you open the pop-up and switch to another app, the pop-up always closes itself. However, it doesn't do this 100% of the time in FireFox, but it does happen.
-Chase
 

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
2,111
0
Fort Myers, FL
tj2001 said:
Last question: Cooknn, please tell me how you created those really neat 360 QT files! Please!
I use a one shot optic with my Nikon 8mpx camera and it generates a donut image (the entire 360°) which I then unwarp on my Mac to create the QuickTime VR. More info on the process here.
 

tj2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
185
0
Florida - USA
rendezvouscp said:
I found a bug, but I can't reproduce it 100% of the time. In Safari, when you open the pop-up and switch to another app, the pop-up always closes itself. However, it doesn't do this 100% of the time in FireFox, but it does happen.
-Chase
Actually it's the:
Code:
<body onblur="self.close()">
Think I should remove it?

I really like that 360 stuff! So you need a real high-tech camera huh?
Thank you everyone that gave info :)
 

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
1,526
0
Long Beach, California
tj2001 said:
Actually it's the:
Code:
<body onblur="self.close()">
Think I should remove it?

I really like that 360 stuff! So you need a real high-tech camera huh?
Thank you everyone that gave info :)
Yes; I like to be able to be watching your movie, or let it load, and then do other stuff. When I came across it, the movie was on the right hand side of my screen and then I switched to Mail to see who had sent me an e-mail, but then the movie closed, which made me hit F9 to see where it went... It's always better for the user to be able to make the changes.

No, you don't need a high-tech camera for QTVRs. You can take any camera, the higher quality the better of course, and make a QTVR using software. I use some photo-stitching software that came with my Canon PowerShot A80 to make QTVRs.
-Chase
 

tj2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
185
0
Florida - USA
rendezvouscp said:
No, you don't need a high-tech camera for QTVRs. You can take any camera, the higher quality the better of course, and make a QTVR using software. I use some photo-stitching software that came with my Canon PowerShot A80 to make QTVRs.
-Chase
Do you have any references to QTVR software? I can only locate two applications for it...

Thanks :)