Adding reminders with Siri to specific lists?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stanw, Oct 5, 2015.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

I want to be able to use Siri while driving to add reminders to specific lists, and so far it has not worked. I say "Hey Siri, add reminder to things to do, pickup computer after work"

This results in Siri adding a reminder but not to the things to do list.

Is there a specific way I need to do this to get it done?

Thanks.

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I just say 'add pickup computer after work to 'things to do list'.

3. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Right. Another example, I have a list called Shopping. I say, "hey siri, add milk to my shopping list" and she does. Next visit to the store and milk is on my list.

4. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

This used to work properly, but no longer does. I used to be able to add an item to a specific list, with a reminder for a specific date and time. Now I can only do one or the other. Siri will no longer create a reminder with a due date/alarm and put it on a list that is different then the default list. If someone can get it to work I'd like to know what you're doing.

For instance I say add call Gina to my work list for Friday at 2 PM. It doesn't work like it previously did. Can anyone get this to work?

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Just did it.
    "hey siri add a reminder to my shopping list for milk and remind me on Friday at 2pm"

6. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

You're 100% correct, it is working. For a few weeks I could not get this to work. Today it works...from the Apple Watch too!

7. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

:):):)