adding second Siri remote

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I am just a casual gamer and don't want to spend for game controller. I tried Asphalt 8 and like it. I just wish Apple TV would support multiple Siri Remotes (I have three ATV 4) so that family can play together without buying additional controller.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
A) If you don't want to spend then the Siri remote is not a good option anyway. The remote is $80 while the controller is only $50.

B) While some games might be designed to work well with the remote, it is very limited. The controller will probably offer a nicer experience on many games.... Casual or not.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
A) If you don't want to spend then the Siri remote is not a good option anyway. The remote is $80 while the controller is only $50.

B) While some games might be designed to work well with the remote, it is very limited. The controller will probably offer a nicer experience on many games.... Casual or not.
A) like I said, I have three ATV 4. so I have three Siri remotes already. spending more for controller for casual games is not justified.
B) Siri remote is limited but good enough for me.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Sounds like it would be a pain. Even if the Apple TV supported multiple remotes, the remote could only be paired to one ATV at a time meaning that you would have to constantly be repairing them... I guess you could use an og remote... But that takes a lot of convenience away...