Adding songs from a second computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by flowagner, Dec 17, 2008.

1. flowagner macrumors member

flowagner

Hello!

My MacBook Pro is currently at the shop getting some issues fixed. Meanwhile I am on my old Windows PC (yuck...) and I need to get some new music onto my iPhone. Is this even possible to add music to the iPhone from another computer than the one it is synced with?

I add music on my iPhone manually... don't know if this helps.

Thanks!
    Flo

2. oojosheoo macrumors member

You need itunes on the Windows computer. And the only way to grab music that i know of is reformatting your phone so it could be synced with the windows computer.

I wouldn't do it because once you get your mac back you will have to restore it again for it to sync with your iphone again.

I do believe there might be 3rd party software you might get a hold of.

good luck

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't think you have to restore your iphone to sync with another computer. You plug in your iphone to a computer it isn't synced with and iTunes asks you if you want to sync with the new computer, and if you say yes, it just deletes your music/videos and puts on the new ones.

I think a similar thing happens when you try to manually drag music onto a iPhone from a computer it isn't regularly synced with -- iTunes deletes whatever music is already on the iPhone and replaces with the ones you are dragging now. But it's been a while since I tried this so my memory could be wrong.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

One option is to use a file sharing app like Air Sharing or Datacase to temporarily put music on your phone. I plan on doing this when I go to my parents for Christmas and will only have my wife's MB.