Adding songs to iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by infinitemethod, Oct 2, 2007.

1. infinitemethod macrumors member

I can't seem to add songs to my ipod's directory in itunes. Either from my mp3 folder or the itunes library? Is it possible to just drag and drop from my mp3 folder since I dislike itunes very much? I did that with my nano and loved it! Any ideas?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, iTouch has no HDD mode, it has to go through iTunes.

see if there will be a hack for this in the future.

3. infinitemethod thread starter macrumors member

Is it bad that I'm very close to taking it back because of that? I love apple's ability to do cool things but they suck.....

4. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I was the biggest Apple hater for the longest time, I know why you are doing this, but it really is worth it to get iTunes just for music transfer. I still use Winamp to listen to music and I even use Creative's software for burning CDs... to be honest, I don't use iTunes for anything but sending files over. It takes a few hours at the most to get everything perfect (as long as your videos are in the right formats and you have .mp3 instead of .wma), so not that much time is wasted.

5. infinitemethod thread starter macrumors member

I have a bunch of videos I used with my Treo. It's just so much easier being able to do what you want when you want to. I will give it sometime like you suggested though and I'm sure I'll enjoy it much more than, thanks!

6. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

iTunes isn't that bad, as long as it's set to not organize your music automatically, it won't create duplicate files of your music so all you have to do is drag and drop into it. There's really no reason to dislike it, outside of maybe the space and resources it takes up in your system, which isn't a whole lot.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Its a crappy piece of app on windows (altho indeed very nice on OSX). My newly purchased powerhorse PC can run anything, with GeForce 7900GS, 3G RAM, 320G HDD, AMD athlon 64x2, and this iTunes still give me black out. unbelievable.

8. infinitemethod thread starter macrumors member

How do you turn off this organize thing? And how do you drag and drop? It won't allow me to do so?

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

preference->advanced->general-> uncheck "copy file into iTunes music folder...."

drag and drop? you choose the music you want to transfer in iTunes library, then drag it onto your iTouch's name in the left panel of iTunes.

Attached Files:

10. infinitemethod thread starter macrumors member

I already had that unchecked and it still won't allow me to drag and drop.....

11. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

well, these two things are not related, u should be able to drag and drop without doing anything in settings.

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus