Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
Ok...so I'm seriously pissed off...I just downloaded iSubtitle, having seen it advertised on Apple's website...I bought it thinking it would be a good way to add external .SRT files to my iTunes purchased movies as my GF is Chinese and we like to watch movies together...fail...it is actually a brilliant little piece of software and it works wonderfully with any other kind of movie file apart from DRM encoded iTunes movies...

So what are my options? Is there a way to remove DRM from iTunes downloaded movies? Should I go back to buying physical DVD's and ripping them with Handbrake? Apple have really pissed me off here for the first time...It's not like I'm wanting to do anything illegal here, just watch iTunes purchased movies with my GF using subtitles that Apple are stupidly not offering in the first place...

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
While I suppose there is a way to remove the DRM, it's against forum rules to discuss or offer help.

I don't buy movies from iTunes since most of them do not contain subtitles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.