adding text increase/decrease size to toolbar

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Franny4321, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Franny4321 macrumors member

Yes, I am still trying to learn and set up macs. I have macbook pro sort of set up for me to live with. I did go and buy an iMac for the study at the house. I am trying to set it up now. On the macbook, I somehow managed to put two little icons on the toolbar that increases or decreases the text size in most apps. Unfortunately, I forgot how I found that and can't find it on the iMac. With my poor eyesight I need it. I searched the forum, but only came up with how to on iPhone. Please refresh my poor memory on how I manage to add this feature to the macbook and how I can do this for the iMac. Thanks to everyone in advance. Someday I will learn all this.

2. blatopilot macrumors regular

Are you referring to the toolbar in a program like Pages, Word or Safari or the text of Finder (the way you browse folders etc)?

In Finder you can do CMD + J or View -> Show View Options

That will allow you to change the text size in Finder. I'm not 100% clear on your questions so hopefully this doesn't confuse you further.

3. Franny4321 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. The toolbar does show in Safari and some others on the macbook. I know my explanation is not exactly clear, and I tried to do a screenshot of what I was wanting to do to the iMac, but that has not turned out as I wanted either.