Adding "to do" completed items to Journal?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sjjordan, Mar 12, 2014.

1. sjjordan macrumors 6502

Does anyone know of a way to automatically add completed "to do" list items to a journalling app? I've tried Day One, which is very nice, but would be happy to switch to any app that can automatically input completed to-do list items.

Any recommendations?

2. Nikh macrumors regular

Most 'big' to-do managers (like Things, OmniFocus) allows (or should allow) you to archive/store completed to-do items to check them later.
    Or do you want to store them in external application?

We also plan to implement such feature in our To-do Lists application, but very later.

3. sjjordan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for a journaling app that will allow me to import the to-do items for the day.

For example, at the end of the day, I could import the 10 tasks/to-do items that I completed as an automatic journal input and then journal about them below that. A primitive way to do it would be to have a table in excel and then copy/paste it into word each day showing what was completed for that day.

4. Nikh macrumors regular

Actually, our application can do that. You can have separate list with tasks (for new day, for instance), then at the evening you'll choose 'Copy All To-do's' from main menu - and they will be copied as rich text to clipboard. Later you can paste them to any text editor.
    You can download free trial and try it at our site: http://antlogic.com.ua/apps/todo-lists/

Please do not consider this as advertisement - I just found out that our app (most likely) can do your job. And, for now I don't know about other apps which can do this particular task.