adding track lists in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zebula, Apr 24, 2011.

1. zebula macrumors newbie

Ok, so today I copied cds to my MBP itunes. In the past it popped up with the name and info of the album. Today I was unable to connect to the internet while adding the music so everything was added as "Unknown album". Now I have multiple unknown albums and I would like to fix this. I tried going to advanced --> get track names and got a message saying CDDB information is not available.

My questions are
    Is there anyway to get the information added with out going in and manually typing everything myself?
    Is there a setting that I missed that would allow for the tracks to be attached to the music? (I just got the computer about 2 months ago so a lot of the settings are still set on factory settings. This is my first apple so I'm still learning the ropes...)

I know that i tunes used to do it, on my last computer I had some albums that didn't have all of the information filled out and after letting itunes "talk" to the data base all of the information was filled in. I don't know if apple did away with this feature to encourage people to just buy music from them or what. All of the cds I copied today were originals not burned copies.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, unless you find an easier way, you only would have to type each album name (how many?) once, then copy, paste, paste, paste... for each track.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Or select all tracks for an album, Get Info, then type the Album Name one time, instead of copying and pasting.

For the OP: Have you considered removing those albums from your iTunes library and re-ripping them with an internet connection available?

4. zebula thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I figured I would have to re-rip them. I was just hoping that the names and tracks would magically appear with the changing of a setting...

I didn't copy down the track lists so I couldn't even enter them without looking them up. But first I would have to figure out which albums are which... Re-ripping looks like the easiest way.