Adding tracks to On-The-Go Playlist

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i0Nic, Sep 12, 2008.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Just sent this feedback to Apple, if you agree with it I suggest you do the same as the more people submitting it the more likely it will be added:

It would be good to add a song to the on-the-go playlist as you're listening to it.

Suggestion- when you tap the screen while listening to a song and the scrubber controls appear, there could be a plus (+) button on the bottom right corner. When tapped, it adds the song to the current on-the-go playlist.

If you agree, copy/paste this into Apple's iPhone feedback page- http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Not sure how your suggestion would work?

If you are already listening to a song why would you need to add it to the On-the-Go playlist?

Currently, you can create an On-the-Go playlist and start listening. Then, add other songs to the end of the playlist while listening.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Do I agree you're asking for an unnecessary feature? Why yes, yes I do.

4. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

I just found out that Apple added this exact functionality into the new iPod nano's. Click and hold the centre button down while listening to a song and it pops up with a contextual menu, allowing you to start a genius playlist or add the song to the On-The-Go playlist.

Now why is this feature, along with proper compilations management, cross-fade and other features found in the nano, not in the iPhone? Come on Apple.

5. timverbunt macrumors newbie

Why you need an add button for on the go playlist while listening to music

If you purchase heaps of music and your listening to all your new songs on random, then you will come across songs you would like to add to the on the go playlist. To do this atm is a long process. I should be able to listen to music on random and be able to add songs i like to the playlist as i go, with the press of a button, not 5 buttons and a search.

I sent your feed back aswell iONic

6. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

I don't see why they can't just add the features that are already built-in to the Remote app.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Seems to me the "On-the-Go" playlist is a relic from the old clickwheel iPods where obviously adding your own custom playlists with different names, etc. on the device itself was too complex.

I do agree that there should be a quick "Add" button on the Now Playing screen. Maybe have it let you select a playlist you already have or create a new one.

7. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

8. Dtbain macrumors newbie

Adding music to playlist as you listen

I agree 100%. It's insane that it's currently possible to rate a piece of music as you listen to it on iPhone, but not possible to add it to a playlist with just a tap or two, with or two.

Offer a + icon. When tapped it should offer existing or a new playlist. Please add this Apple.

9. djcecdog macrumors newbie

Agreed

YES!!!!!! It would be nice if we could add the currently playing track to an actual "on the go" playlist, or even select a currently existing playlist to add the current song to. that mockup is EXACTLY how it should be.