Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, if not I apologize it's just I wasn't sure where to put this.
I'm a fairly new convert to mac and am loving my iMac but the only thing that is really bugging me is that I have and have had for a long time before owning my mac had a 5 button mouse (I've included scroll wheel as button but not sure if I'm supposed to do that.) I'm used to using the additional buttons as a back and forward button for internet browsing. Even a couple of months after having my mac I still find myself clicking what I'm used to being the back button quite often and getting frustrated when nothing happens.
This is probably made worse by me occasionally using vista and having it work again.
I guess what I'm asking after a far too long explantation is: is there any way for me to get the additional button on my mouse working or will I just have to learn to live with this frustration?
Thanks for your help.

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
Hmm I thought i had the answer wit keyboard maestro, but It does not allow a mouse button as a hot key for macros. Even then, the macro recorded said "click mouse at: ....." So if I moved the browser window, it would miss haha

I thought i re-mapped my mouse, but all I did was change the dashboard & expose options. As for browsers, I didn't notice any built-in macros for that.

I'm sure someone here has found the answer to this problem, I'm assuming some type of third-party app is needed to assign different functions to the mouse buttons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.