Additional Minimize Effects?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jondrum418, Feb 2, 2009.

1. jondrum418 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if they have any additional minimize effects available for Leopard? Although the Genie is cool, I'm wondering if anyone has developed any themselves or if Apple supports additional for download. I didn't see any anywhere and Google has proved to not be very helpful, but thought I'd ask.

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

3. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

There is a "scale down" one you can set in System Preferences, although I hate it, since it reminds me of Windows. :p

Also, there is a secret one called "Suck", which is my favorite. You can't get it through the GUI however. (well, you can use OnyX). If you want do some command-line-fu, IIRC, the command is:

defaults write com.apple.dock mineffect 'suck'

4. jondrum418 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. I put Suck on and think I'll keep it for a bit just to change it up. That's a shame Apple doesn't put out more of them though. Some of the Ubuntu effects are pretty sweet, like the burn effect. Anyways, thanks again!

5. pkagel macrumors regular

excuse me, new here. How do you get that terminal window so I can do this suck thing?

6. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Open your Applications folder. Go to Utilities, then Terminal.

Or open Spotlight (CMD + space) and type "Terminal" and wait for it to show up in the list.

7. pkagel macrumors regular