Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnownayr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Just called Apple...my UTD copy which was said to deliver on the 29th isn't here. They said that that date doesn't reflect USPS shipping--that is when it would have been delivered had it been shipped by FedEx. He said to wait an additional 5-7 days and to ignore the scheduled delivery date. :(

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
Just called Apple...my UTD copy which was said to deliver on the 29th isn't here. They said that that date doesn't reflect USPS shipping--that is when it would have been delivered had it been shipped by FedEx. He said to wait an additional 5-7 days and to ignore the scheduled delivery date. :(

Meh, I wouldn't take that for an answer...

Call back and ask for some free stuff!

gnownayr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Meh, I wouldn't take that for an answer...

Call back and ask for some free stuff!

i feel bad calling and complaining all the time...i know it's not their fault. at the same time, for $9.95 S/H i feel like we could get it faster here than they're doing. it's just sort of frustrating.

coolant113

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
New Jersey
I am having the same problem.... everyday i look the arrival is always another day later... it is really getting me mad.... so what i did i could not wait any longer so i went out to the apple store and bought the full version of leopard... i am going to call them tomorrow and demand a refund for my full version and tell them that there was no way i could wait this long for the UTD disk.. this is friggen redicoulous... The only thing we payed for was the shipping on them and 9.99 + Tax.. I am not bying that it costs that much to ship standardly.. with that 9.99 it seems like they could of got faster shipping on the disks.. they dont even weigh much... I just cant believe that apple os treating us this way i would think they would expedite it to us because in the last month we bought a computer from them which we paid alot of money for therefore we should be getting treated better than the regular copies of laeopard:apple::apple:

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
I am having the same problem.... everyday i look the arrival is always another day later... it is really getting me mad.... so what i did i could not wait any longer so i went out to the apple store and bought the full version of leopard... i am going to call them tomorrow and demand a refund for my full version and tell them that there was no way i could wait this long for the UTD disk.. this is friggen redicoulous... The only thing we payed for was the shipping on them and 9.99 + Tax.. I am not bying that it costs that much to ship standardly.. with that 9.99 it seems like they could of got faster shipping on the disks.. they dont even weigh much... I just cant believe that apple os treating us this way i would think they would expedite it to us because in the last month we bought a computer from them which we paid alot of money for therefore we should be getting treated better than the regular copies of laeopard:apple::apple:

Wow, You sir are EXTREMELY inpatient.

You just spent $130 to get your leopard a few days early?

I can almost guarantee apple will not refund you the cost. Best you can hope for is a $30 coupon off your next purchase of $200 or more.

othersongs

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2007
canada
I was tempted to do the same thing. But the refund process would undoubtably be difficult and/or impossible.

Regardless, I am still waiting for my copy as well. I bought my comp 3 wks ago. My mate bought his 1 wk ago and he is awaiting his upgrade too.

Hopefully tomorrow...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.