additional power for macbook????

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sjohnson4382, Jun 7, 2009.

1. sjohnson4382 macrumors member

Does anyone know if there is any way to have some extra power for my macbook because I'm not going to be able to plug in to a power source for quite sometime. I will be flying overseas and will not be able to plug into a power source (no biz class or first class for me) and was looking for an affordable way to be able to use my laptop for more than the time the battery lasts, which isn't all that long. Any ideas?

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

There are external battery packs, or a spare internal battery. Those are probably your only options.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

None of them are authorized by Apple, so if something goes wrong, it can void your warranty.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

A spare (Apple) battery won't void your warranty ;-)

Having taken quite a few long plane trips, my advice is to stay up really late the night before so you can sleep. It's always creepy to me when I see others on their laptops and the person right next to them has no choice but to stare at whatever that person is doing with their machine...

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I think a spare battery is your best bet.

But after countless trans-Atlantic flights the last 22 years, I'd be careful about staying up really late the night before. It probably depends on your age (easier to do if you're young, maybe) and your sleeping patterns, but it can backfire on you. You can end up being over-tired and not be able to sleep at all, which is awful. :eek:

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

True, I missed that part. I was referring to all the external solutions.