additional software is required for quicktime (stuck window)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by godzilla88, Jun 4, 2010.

1. godzilla88 macrumors newbie

Can anybody help please?
    I have imac 24. There is a small window that popped up and says,

"Additional software is required for quicktime to playback this media. It may be available from the quicktime components page. Make sure your internet connection is active, then click the continue button to check for the software."

The problem is is that I am not trying to use quicktime and nor is it running currently AND when the cursor is over the window it just spins the color pin wheel. This window will not go away. I cannot drag it, close it or press continue on it. I have cleared all cookies, cache and reset safari and nothing works. I restart my computer and it is gone for maybe a few minutes and then it reappears .

My quicktime works fine on anything I use it for. I am very frustrated because as you all know for the most part macs don't really give you any grief. Can anybody help please?

2. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

3. godzilla88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Excellant! So Far So Good. Thank You for helping me out. I really appreciate it!:D

4. lissy002 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem :confused:, could you tell me which one (perian or flip4mac) did you use and worked for you?

5. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Install both.