Addres Book does not sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kain, Feb 10, 2008.

1. kain macrumors member

i upgraded my phone to 1.1.3 using the Definitive 1.1.3 Upgrade and Jailbreak Guide, but now whenever i connect to itunes my contacts never sync. my music and photos sync just fine, but my contacts never show up. i don't really feel like going through my Address Book and typing all the contacts into my iphone....

2. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

So would you blame the jailbreak method? ;)

Did you have all your contacts backed up on your computer? And is it checked to sync to the right address book in iTunes?

3. kain thread starter macrumors member

i don't think i would blame the jailbreak method since i haven't heard any other complaints about this, although this is the second time it has happened after upgrading to 1.1.3. even if it is because of the jailbreak method, its a small price to pay for upgrading to 1.1.3 :D

i know i checked the correct button in itunes, to sync all contacts from my Address Book. i hit sync and it hangs in the "Syncing contacts with..." phase, then stops. my contacts are never transferred.

4. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Do you actually have any contacts stored in that address book on the computer?

5. adandl macrumors newbie

Same Problem here...

After the upgrade the iPhone seems do not synchronize any more.
    I have contacts in my address book on my mac and i also tried to check (replace on iPhone) in iTunes.

Help would be appreciated

regards

Albert

6. kain thread starter macrumors member

yeah i've checked and double checked and triple checked everything. i know i have contacts in my address book and i know im click the right stuff in itunes. i just can't figure out why my contacts won't transfer.

7. Fevida macrumors newbie

Fevida

Having the same problem here. Any solutions yet?

8. adandl macrumors newbie

I re-did the whole thing.
    Restorede my iPhone (in iTunes) and ran the ZiPhone hack.

It runs much smoother and faster.

This fixed the sync problem - but somewhere on the way I got a new problem...

... the iPhone does not ring any more when it is in standby.
    As soon as I 'wake it up' with the home button I see that someone is (or was) calling - however now ring and no vibrate.

hope this helps a little bit

Albert

9. abdullah88 macrumors newbie

hey guys ..
    i'm having the same problem >>>any solution???

10. DoubleSh0t macrumors member

Also having the same issue. I don't really want to restore, jailbreak and unlock again.

11. abdullah88 macrumors newbie

I got a new solution>>> after restoring your iphone , choose "setup new phone " and "continue" .this one worked fine for me and i got all of my contacts back.

12. PubGuy macrumors member

May have a solution -- it cleared-up my problems.

1) Close all open applications
    2) Open iSync.
    3) Go to Preferences and Reset Sync History.
    4) Quit iSync.
    5) Open iSync again -- this time you'll notice a message on the window about reconnecting to AddressBook and Calendar.
    6) When iSync finishes (the message goes away), quit iSync.

Now, try your sync again. You can use either the circular arrows on the menu bar (that will sync AddressBook and iCal without loading iTunes), or you can bring up iTunes and sync there.

The process actaully updates files in your ~/Library/Application Support/SyncServices folder. Try it and see if it helps.