ADDRESS BOOK: Always shrinking window???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by quotemeas, Nov 13, 2008.

1. quotemeas macrumors regular

Every time I open Address Book, the window shrinks ever so little (2-3 pixels) down. It only shrinks vertically, never horizontally. The entire window is not moving down either. I can recreate the issue on a MacBook and an iMac running 10.5.5.

Not a big issue, but after around 30 or so opens, the window is considerably smaller. This seems to be the only application with this issue. The best way to recreate the issue is place the Address Book window at the bottom of the screen and then click on the dock icon and Command+Q close the application several time rather quickly. Have a finder window or document open in the background behind the Address Book application for reference points. Very strange that this bug is still around from OS X Tiger? Any ideas.

I tried deleting the .plist and starting over but no joy. Again, its not a big issue so I'm not going to fret this one, but thought it was interesting enough to post.

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

It's happening here on a 2.8Ghz iMac running 10.5.5. Nice catch. That's a bizarre bug.

3. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

Same problem on my Powerbook G4 with 10.5.5. That's really weird.

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

It's particularly noticeable when using MercuryMover. It seems to be 3 pixel off the top. Good catch!

5. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I can't recreate this issue. I am closing the Address Book window (CMD+W) then opening it again, then closing it.

Stays the same for me.

6. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

You have to quit the application and then reopen it, not just close the window.

7. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

i have that. I created my address book window a bit smaller then full screen and it seem to work fine then.

8. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Still doesn't happen for me..

9. quotemeas thread starter macrumors regular

Wow...

Awesome to see others are experiencing the same issue. I guess at this point we have to wait for Apple to notice also.

10. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Lol this is totally random, but yeah I getting it too!

The shrinking happens every time I reopen the window, not after several open-closes.

11. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i get this too.

i think what is more of a problem and we need to address to Apple is the constant shrinking of Cover Flow in Finder i.e. set your home folder to always open in Cover Flow at a decent size and continuously click the Finder dock icon and close the window and watch it diminish in size… WTF?

12. mason.kramer macrumors 6502

mason.kramer

Same here.

Honestly though, eh, I'd rather they spend their bug fixing time doing something else. Like FTFF (Fix the f***ing Finder)

13. quotemeas thread starter macrumors regular

Never know this one...

Crazy? I don't use Cover Flow (column view for me), but I wonder if it's an underlining bug with how OS X draws windows?

14. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Same thing happens to me. I stopped the shrinking by locking com.apple.addressbook.plist

15. Sigur macrumors regular

Sigur

16. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Not seeing the issue here on a 2.4GHz 24" iMac. I'll try it on my MacBook later. And yes, I did quit Address Book and reopen it.

jW