Address book and mail problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SiCbe, Oct 7, 2007.

1. SiCbe macrumors member

So I just noticed something really annoying... :confused::mad:

I wanted to send a mail to someone this afternoon and when I starten typing his email address in the "to" field... his email address did't auto-complete like it always does. You just type the first letter of the name and a blue popup comes up with his name. But this time it didn't.

So I tried looking him up in address book and notices my address book was complete empty... just like that! more than 200 contacts... GONE :confused: I really don't understand. That was some really vital information in there :(

Anyone else had this problem? Or know how I can magically get that info back? I've had my address book and mail both lock up on me yesterday... "application not responding". Don't know why cause I wasn't even using them at the time.

This really sucks :(

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I agree with you it sucks.
    This is the only reason I back up for because sometimes it get unpredictable.
    I don't really know how you could recover your data unless you backed it up.
    Try if the data is still there under you user directory, library, cache, com.apple.addressbook, metadata

3. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

*Backs-up Address Book*

Thanks for the tip^.

As for the OP, no idea man. Sorry to hear.

4. SiCbe thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the hint. I checked the cache folder and it's all gone... Only remaining items (also the ones that are in address book) are the standard "apple computers" contact and myself...