Address Book and Mobile Me - Lost Contacts??

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by CRK17, Jan 12, 2009.

1. CRK17 macrumors newbie

I recently signed up for the 60 day trial offer of Mobile Me. This weekend I sync my MB with my iMac and everything sync'd OK. Then I screwed up. First I have an account for my wife on each computer and an account for myself on each computer. I sync'd my wife's address book so the MB would be up to date with the iMac. However went I switched to my account on the MB and opened the address book all of my wife's contacts were in my address book. Without thinking I started deleting the contacts. Later my wife open's her address book on the iMac and all her contacts are gone. This is a huge problem for us since her contacts are for her business. Of course she doesn't have them backed up anywhere. I'm sure this is a long shot but is there some way using Mobile.Me to restore the lost contacts?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

If they're on mobileme still (unlikely) you can go:
    System Preferences>>MobileMe>>Sync>>Advanced...>>Reset Sync data, and pull it down from mobileme, not your computer.

I think...

3. CRK17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not so lucky

Thanks for a quick reply. Address book/contacts on Mobile Me is the same configuration as the deleted contact list on both computers. I think I really screwed up this time.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

hellz yeah you did. Especially since MobileMe comes with a utility that backs that stuff up. Sucks that you weren't using it.