Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CRK17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
I recently signed up for the 60 day trial offer of Mobile Me. This weekend I sync my MB with my iMac and everything sync'd OK. Then I screwed up. First I have an account for my wife on each computer and an account for myself on each computer. I sync'd my wife's address book so the MB would be up to date with the iMac. However went I switched to my account on the MB and opened the address book all of my wife's contacts were in my address book. Without thinking I started deleting the contacts. Later my wife open's her address book on the iMac and all her contacts are gone. This is a huge problem for us since her contacts are for her business. Of course she doesn't have them backed up anywhere. I'm sure this is a long shot but is there some way using Mobile.Me to restore the lost contacts?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
If they're on mobileme still (unlikely) you can go:
System Preferences>>MobileMe>>Sync>>Advanced...>>Reset Sync data, and pull it down from mobileme, not your computer.

I think...

CRK17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Not so lucky

Thanks for a quick reply. Address book/contacts on Mobile Me is the same configuration as the deleted contact list on both computers. I think I really screwed up this time.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Thanks for a quick reply. Address book/contacts on Mobile Me is the same configuration as the deleted contact list on both computers. I think I really screwed up this time.

hellz yeah you did. Especially since MobileMe comes with a utility that backs that stuff up. Sucks that you weren't using it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.