Address book/caller id problems! Help needed!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bensparrow, Oct 9, 2007.

1. bensparrow macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I have an unlocked iPhone in the UK (reserve your opinion!!) but Im having a problem with the number formatting and the preview screen when a new call or text is received.

Basically when all my numbers are entered into address book in the usual UK format (i.e 071234567890) when incoming calls are received it shows the caller ID and thats great but when a new text comes in the (really helpful) preview screen/box thing says new text from +4471234567890 and not the persons name. (though once i access the SMS app it pulls in the person name) So when i went back to address book and manually changed them to this format (the +44 one) and this time when messages come in it works perfectly and the preview screen says who they are from but this time when a call comes in it doesnt match it with my caller ids and just says 071234567890 calling! Its a minor detail I know, and I love the iPhone but it would really help me out if anyone had any idea what to do to resolve this?? Thanks in advance. :apple:

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

http://cynix.org/iphone/AppSupport-10.tar.gz

Unzip/extract then using cyberduck (or fugu etc..) navigate to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/ on the iPhone and overwrite the original.

(Once unzipped it will become a file called AppSupport - file MUST be unzipped before you send it over to the phone)

Reboot and enjoy.

The above was taken from a thread on avforums

3. bensparrow thread starter macrumors newbie

worked a charm! Also found some other nifty updates whilst following the provided link through. Thanks for the fast response dalvin!!

4. dakooga macrumors newbie

Thanks Dalvin200 I was looking for the same thing. Thats brilliant. One for the fact it will to work for both SMS and CallerID and two because on other phones you have to choose even other 'smartphone' which one you want to go with for international number i.e not the US xxx-xxx-xxxx number format.

Now I need to wait for a new jailbreak.. ho hum...

Dakooga

5. FJeddah macrumors newbie

Hi,

I bought a locked iPhone (frameware 04.10.01) and unlocked it with Gevey SIM, it's working just fine. But I'm facing the same problem with caller ID. I tried this fix but I couldn't find appsupport.framework folder under /system/library/framkeworks/. Can I create a folder there?

I did a jailbreak because I read that there's a fix under "iClarified". I still cant solve the problem.

Thank you :)

Omar