Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Versello

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Has anyone got Address Book/iSync working with Exchange 2003? I've followed all of Apple's steps to enable Address Book's synchronization with Exchange, and I manually force iSync to sync with Exchange.

I used to get an "iSync couldn't connect to Exchange" error, but after resetting iSync's history, now I get no error message. In my exchange server's log, I do see the entry:

2007-05-04 03:11:15 W3SVC1 10.0.0.3 HEAD /exchange/me/Contacts - 80 DOMAIN\me 10.0.0.19 CFNetwork/129.20 302 0 64

so it's obviously connecting to exchange, but does not populate the address book. It's pissing me off and some blog entry with a workaround at http://www.robertlacroix.com/blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=a396421c-6a62-485d-9d67-06c6a6def44d makes absolutely no sense (and only works on Panther according to the comments.. I'm running OS X Tiger). Any help is appreciated!

Edit: I should also note I've tried the following:

1. Disabled SSL and tried syncing - no dice
2. Tried syncing with my OWA server at work - still no dice

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Virtually every Exchange server is setup differently. You need to work with your IT staff on your particular server.

Versello

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Virtually every Exchange server is setup differently. You need to work with your IT staff on your particular server.

I am sorry, but your post is not very helpful. I am the network engineer for my employer and I run my own personal server. Both OWA configurations are fairly standard and do not contain any sort of customization.

I got Mail to sync with Exchange without any problem. Either Address Book is broken, or there is some undocumented setting that needs to be configured on OWA, which Apple has not mentiond.

Versello

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Are you using Active Directory? If so, just use the LDAP settings to connect to your AD server.

Yeah, I use AD in both instances and I can get address book to work with AD. However, the only problem with that is I have personal contacts not in AD.

pjd2008

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
address book not sync'ing??

has anyone found solution???

my address book connects with exchange 2003, but does not 'populate' with personal contacts.

i have the LDAP up and working perfectly....

ebarrere

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2009
has anyone found solution???

my address book connects with exchange 2003, but does not 'populate' with personal contacts.

i have the LDAP up and working perfectly....

After hours of searching forums, I found that I needed to turn off OWA Forms Based Authentication for my setup to work; perhaps that helps. Unfortunately that breaks my DavMail iCal sync... GRRR!

Good luck!

Cheers,
-elliott-

ddellann

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2009
Found my solution to OWA and Exchange

I'm using the Italian version of MAC OS X Leopard and Exchange 2003 SBS.
My Address book don't populate addresses from Exchange because (wathing the Log of IIS) the request from the Translator was malformed .... Here an example:

The correct form may be:
http://myserver/exchange/myusername/CONTATTI

But the request from Address Book was:
http://myserver/exchange/myusername/CONTACTS

At this request the exchange server respond with 404 (Page not found) and the consequent error from Address Book was "Cannot contact Exchange Server".

I have renamed the Contact Folder on Exchange Server side to Contacts (From Contatti) and all go OK !!!!

Remember to disable the Form Based Autentication in HTTP Virtual Server.

Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.