Address Book & Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by grandpamike, Jan 17, 2008.

1. grandpamike macrumors newbie

I have just installed Office 2008 for Mac, and I cannot seem to import my address book into it from the Address Book app on my Mini. I am running OSX Leopard. I have tried the import/export in Entourage but keep getting an error message, and it is not importing the Addy Book. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Not sure about Office 2008, but you could try exporting your contacts into a CSV file, then importing from that into Entourage.

3. doobi18 macrumors 6502

hmmm...

just a question,

what so compels you to use the entourage over mail/addy book?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I use Entourage at work and ran into the same problem. I keep my contacts in vCard format and Address Book handles this fine, but Entourage not so much. In Entourage though in the contacts section you can set it to make use of Address Book, which is what I do and leave Entourage's contacts empty. This'll still let me make use of the auto-complete for address when composing a message.

A number of companies use exchange servers that Mail cannot handle, especially setting up calendars that are shared and inviting people to events. This is the way my work is setup. Entourage is the only option, more or less.

5. grandpamike thread starter macrumors newbie

I found that under sync services in Entourage, it allows me to sync with my .mac address book.

6. grandpamike thread starter macrumors newbie

No compelling reason at all. Its just that I installed Office 08, and want to try all the modules to see what I will keep. I am happy with .mac mail and also use Thunderbird, but will give entourage a chance to amuse me <G>:)