Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm using Mail.app to connect to an exchange server (in this case, ku.edu). Everything works just great there, as I can send emails, have email addresses auto-completed for me....all the great stuff Mail can do.

However, Address Book refuses to sync anything. I have tried every variation of LDAP, OWA and whatever other acronyms you can think of to get it to work. I searched the Apple support forums top to bottom, and couldn't find an answer, either. I played around in Directory Utility, too, but nothing works.

I have all the LDAP information I need to configure it correctly, but I'm out of ideas....help?

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Are you trying to use AddressBook to access a directory list at ku.edu? Or are you trying some other kind of syncing (like to an iPod, iPhone, etc)

I'm trying to access a directory list. If anyone cares to see the page I've been looking at (maybe it will help) its http://www.email.ku.edu/ldap/

I'm pretty sure that the information under "Basic Information" is what I need to configure Address Book, but its not working.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
No problem. I'm on my way home soon and will be at my Mac, so I'll try and investigate more when I get there.

In the meantime, check out this tutorial from UC Merced and try replacing the appropriate server information to see if it works.

http://it.ucmerced.edu/docs/guides/directory/osx_system.pdf

No need.....apparently the problem was not putting a space after the commas in the search string. Wow...I'm going to go ahead and bash my head against the wall now.

Thanks for that webpage though, I'm actually going to forward it to KU's IT team so they can put up a version for Mac OS X users. They like to leave us hanging out to dry even though Macs outnumber Windows users there. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.