Address Book Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JH123, Apr 19, 2007.

1. JH123 macrumors newbie

Hi!

I am trying to import Vcards from one mac to another. Any way to keep my groups in tact?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The Mac you're importing to, is there anything in its Address Book that needs to be kept? Address Book (and iCal) have a pretty neat backup and restore feature in the file menu. You could backup the Address Book on one machine and then restore it on the other to get exactly the same info and groups.

3. JH123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing needs to be kept in the address book I am importing to. The addresses from the old computer will replace anything on this address book completely. How would I go about making everything the same then? Thanks.

4. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Doing this from memory, but on the old machine, open address book. in the file menu, I believe there is a command that says something like "backup address book"

Click this, choose where you want to save the backup file (on a CD would be my guess), hit save.

Transport this file to the new machine. In address book, go to the same menu where the backup thing was and I think there is a restore from backup option. Select that, select the file, boom.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew