Address book help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doylee01, Mar 16, 2009.

1. doylee01 macrumors member

Hi, I would like to create a mailing list that I can send out to a group of people using mail, I would like to store there contact information under a group called 'mailing list' but I do not want the contacts to appear in my main address book. Is there an app or a way to use mail so i can email the group but not have their contact information in my address book?

Thanks, Jack.

2. Kenriver macrumors newbie

Is there any way to export the Address Book info to Excel?

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but thought I would piggyback a related question. So, is there any way to export the Address Book info to Excel? A vCard if fine, but what about just getting access to the raw data without going entry by entry? With over a 1000 entries that just makes no sense. Any thoughts? Thanks.

3. doylee01 thread starter macrumors member

No i don't know about that, thats a problem for me as well but i don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions on my problem?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'm pretty sure address book isn't that advanced, and that any contact you put into a group will be in the master list.

You could create a csv file with all of the e-mail addresses in it, then when you wanted to send you would just copy the contents of the file and paste it into the address bar. Not the most elegant way to do it, but it'd work...