Address Book, (iCal, etc)

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Konrad, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Konrad macrumors 6502

I really hope for Apple to finally fix or revert to the older format of the address book. The current Shrek-like address book is an insult to adults and is worthless to any business user.

A communication, data base, reference application does not need to have a stupid graphic of a stitched leather kid book format. Same applies to the iCal, where, if someone really wants it, keep the new designs as an option, but for the good of life leave the business users an simple less infant-like graphics.

Has anyone been successful in somehow using the older version of Address Book and iCal?

I feel that in the frenzy of iDevices some goons at apple, perhaps ex-Pixar kids, took an unnoticed liberty to **** up what was just fine in the first place. I am afraid for the next version to have some god damn pink animals jumping at you every time you do a search for a business contact.

Apple, just fix it!

2. diogolg macrumors member

3. PBP macrumors 6502

PBP

Whats wrong with that :confused:

In Mountain Lion its already better like diogolg already mentioned, but not Snow Leopard like

4. Konrad thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. I did see this link before, however it is for Apple to fix this by perhaps incorporating alternative view choices, rather than for users to hack a fix.

5. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

Although I like the skeuomorphism in iOS and OS X, I understand why some people do not. However, I do not understand how the UI switch suddenly made the app "worthless to any business user". Why? Only the appearance changed. I use Address Book (now Contacts) and I am a business user. I think it is merely a personal taste and not as broad sweeping a problem as you purport.

Also, I believe it is fairly well known that Steve Jobs liked the skeuomorphism and even brought in a sample of leather he wanted them to match for iCal.

If they do remove the skeuomorphism in a future update (which I am fine with) I don't want it to merely revert to the blah, plain-jane UI that every other calendar and contact app uses. If Apple reverts to a modern appearance, I hope they redefine what an address book and calendar should look like in 2012.