Address Book/iChat not showing buddies (10.5.8)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ThirteenXIII, Feb 27, 2010.

1. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

10.5.8 uMBP
    Using two AIM screen names.

I recently filled out my entire Address Book with contacts; address, AIM, email etc.
    I create my own address book ID as well, enter my info with email & Both screen names.
    All fine and good, however the past week or two after I filled out my Address Book, I notice that my neither AIM name is appearing on the other AIM names buddy list (in iChat) anymore.
    I use a 3rd AIM name just to see whats up that isnt in my Address Book and they both show up fine under that 3rd AIM name.
    so I remove as suggest com.apple.iChat.AIM.plist from user library pref.
    no avail.

However once i open address book and delete the aim names i entered in there they both show up in each others AIM/iChat List.

using meebo to test they show up there regardless, so it seem slike an iChat/Address Book goof.
    this all happened week or two after I filled it out.

So any suggestions regarding this?
    its not happening to other buddies i have in address book just my own names.

thanks!

2. ThirteenXIII thread starter macrumors 6502a

also i changed the format/spelling case (from ThirteenXIII to thirteenxiii) but it worked once and afterward (signing off / restarting) it went back to not showing either of my own screen names on either iChat Buddylist.

im kind of perplexed by this random happening as I routinely sync this with my iPodTouch & iPhone.

all this worked fine but a week after i did enter it it went gooy.
    i appled the OSX 10.5.8 combo updater again to see if it would change anything, it didnt.

hm