address book - iPhone to iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Juggertha, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Juggertha macrumors member

Juggertha

So, I've got this problem that I can't seem to find a solution to. I've seen others have posted about it... but for the life of me, I still can't find an answer.

I would like to transfer my address book info from my iPhone to my iMac. Seem easy, right? Go to iTunes, plug in iPhone, info, sync address book contact, all contacts.

Problem is, it doesn't work. They don't transfer over.

I can move them from iPad to iPhone using Bump, and am wondering if there's another way to move them onto the Mac.

2. waynep macrumors 6502

You could sync with a google account . . I sync my address book, email, and calendar with my gmail/google account. Syncs my Mac, iPod and Palm phone.

3. Juggertha thread starter macrumors member

Juggertha

Cool. I've got a Gmail account. Can't see how to import the contacts from my iPhone in it though. Mind showing me the way?

4. Dock Status macrumors regular

Contact Bar and Contact Book

If you want to actually really be able to use address book properly then I recommend grabbing Contact Bar

http://itunes.apple.com/mx/app/contact-bar/id429857304?mt=12

just that much more exciting and usable than address book

The Book format will probably be on the store by the end of next week. (submitted on Thursday)

5. Juggertha thread starter macrumors member

Juggertha

Downloaded it.. and seems interesting enough. Still am not sure how that helps my original problem. Now I have two address books that I can't import into. lol

6. Dock Status macrumors regular

Not sure why you are having this issue. The contacts should automatically be on all three devices. I didn't do anything special and my contacts are in all three places. I did subscribe to Mobile Me so probably that is doing the job automatically for me. We will be adding the gmail sync to Contact Bar and Contact Book shortly we also want to be able to sync other formats of databases as well. Lots of work. Big (big ) launch this week with Contact Book we hope Apple features the app ( pretty awesome and we are really proud of the build)

7. Juggertha thread starter macrumors member

Juggertha

Update: So, I tried a lot of ways of transferring these over and none of them seemed to work. Finally, after a few weeks, I decided to give up and transfer them one by one vie email from my phone.

Surprisingly, after opening up a couple of the emails (one addy card in each), they ALL appeared in my address book.

Cool beans.