Address Book > iPhone

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
As the iPhones released in a few days, i've put all my numbers into the Address Book program in OSx Leopard. I've noticed that the names aren't put in alphabetical order in the Address Book.

Does anyone know if this is the same on the iPhone?.

Also, does the iPhone automatically Sync with the address book when you connect it for the first time?.

Thanks.

macintel4me

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
The iPhone lists contacts in alphabetical order; either by first name or last name. There is preference in Settings for this option.

Yes, you can have iTunes automatically sync the contacts in your address book when you connect it for the first time and every other time if you so choose. Go to Devices->My iPhone->Info and check "Sync Address Book contacts".

r6girl

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
Massachusetts
As the iPhones released in a few days, i've put all my numbers into the Address Book program in OSx Leopard. I've noticed that the names aren't put in alphabetical order in the Address Book.
are you sure? address book sorts entries by last name by default. go to the general settings in preferences - you can select sorting by first name here, and choose to show the first name before or after the last name.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
are you sure? address book sorts entries by last name by default. go to the general settings in preferences - you can select sorting by first name here, and choose to show the first name before or after the last name.
Thanks. I didn't realize it was sorting the names by last name. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.