Address Book keeps removing MY picture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Vegerot, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Vegerot, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

Vegerot macrumors member

Vegerot

So, for some reason, whenever I try to change the contact picture for myself in Address Book, it keeps on reverting the picture back to nothing. It will succesfully change the picture for a few seconds, but revert back soon after.

I have deduced that SOMETHING from the internet is causing it by the video below (for some reason the insert video button is grayed out >.<):
    http://cl.ly/1M3h2F0d0X0f1Q0X3P3y
    (I forgot to show you but as soon as I reenable wifi my picture removes itself, and that this problem only happens for my profile)
    This problem does not occur on my iPad however. It shows my picture perfectly, which makes me doubt the possibilty that it may be iCloud causing this. But also, iCloud does not sync this error, which...I dunno what that means, actually.

You could also respond here

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try deleting your Address Book card, then re-creating it.

3. Vegerot, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

Vegerot thread starter macrumors member

Vegerot

Actually, I reset my PRAM and it fixed it.

Edit: JK. It didn't.

4. Vegerot thread starter macrumors member

Vegerot

(deleting and remaking my card didn't work) Okay, so I've been doing more testing, and I've found out more information about my problem. So this problem only occurs on the card that I've set as "My Card." If I set another card as My Card, then my actual card works fine and the card that I changed to by My Card starts not working. Still haven't found out a way to fix it though.