Address Book Label Printing?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by WaveskiChamp, Dec 20, 2010.

1. WaveskiChamp macrumors newbie

WaveskiChamp

Hi All

I am tearing my hair out! Apple Address book is so close to having a workable solution to mass label printing.

Does anybody know how to print address labels from a group in the address book.

I know you can create templates pages for avery labels ect but it will only allow you to print the name rather than select a "nick name"

Any new ideas? I have started to dabble in the apple scripting side of this issues so I am open to suggestions... really anything saves having to write out 3000 addresses.

Shaun

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I've moved to just using the Avery DesignPro app (not great, but it works) and exporting from Address Book as a CSV in order to do my mailing labels. Not my favorite solution, but I don't have to mess with anything except getting the data moved into DesignPro. And it's free.

jW

3. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I just printed my Christmas card labels using Address Book. I ended up just adding new contacts for the ones I wanted to send to "The Smith Family," even though I already had contacts for "John Smith" and "Jane Smith." Frustrating. I think I'm going to export my Christmas Card list to Excel and delete the duplicate contacts.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

How would you expect Address book to combine the entries for John Smith and Jane Smith and print a label for The Smith Family? I have a separate group for Christmas card labels.

5. WaveskiChamp thread starter macrumors newbie

WaveskiChamp

No Luck and no solution

Thing is though I dont want to mess with my current contacts as they are all correct, nor do I want to create new addresses for family's.

Can the Avery Solution allow you to select the nick name field instead of the name field.

crumbs this seems like such an easy task especially as the default print menu for address book allows you to specify which fields you want...

Anybody know apple script so we can play?