address book mac question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by saladiro, Jun 11, 2008.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

hi

in mac address book, i know you can drag names from one group to another. for example, if you want you Dr. to be in you "important" group and "personal"

my question is, how do you cut and move?

2. papa85mx8 macrumors newbie

Copy and Paste

I'm new to this wonderful Mac World . I think you can command+C to copy then command+V to paste. Hope this will help, I my be wrong.

3. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

It's pretty simple on creating groups in Address Book. The very left hand side of the Address Book window is the groups section. Click the plus sign at the bottom of the column and type in the name you want from the group. Then click the All at the top of the group column and then drag whichever contact you want in that specific group from the next column to the right of the group listing.

4. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

on a similar vain, I am trying to drag contact from Entourage 2008 to groups in address book. The little plus sign shows up, but the contacts don't seem to transfer. I don't want to use sync because it strips all the categories.

5. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

is there a way to move a contact out of one group and into another....eg no coppying, just cut and paste style?

6. acepelon macrumors newbie

It turns out that command-X and command-V work to cut and paste contacts. I struggled with this switching over to a Mac, just tried it, and it works fine.