Address Book messed up by Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Aron Peterson, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Aron Peterson macrumors member

Aron Peterson

Apparently upgrading to Snow Leopard messed up 2500 contacts in my Address Book. Instead of the company name showing it lists either the name or email address of a contact in the company or simply lists the entry as 'No Name'.

I now have to go through each one manually to fix this :mad:

2. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

I've just discovered a similar problem: all of my Address Book data is muddled, such that my mum now has my neighbour's email address, my best friend's postal address and my girlfriend's birthday!

Edit: Closing and re-opening Address Book solved the problem.

3. stagger82 macrumors newbie

In address book my contacts look alright. The only thing I noticed was that my mom's nick name replaced her real name.

The real problem lies in Mail and Adium. Somehow the connection between these programs and address book is affected. In Adium and Mail I see a friend of mine as my dad, and others have also switched names.

4. Momdoc macrumors newbie

Snow Leopard changes company names to "no name"

I think the problem runs deeper. I manually clicked on "company" for many of the "no name" contacts that showed up after I installed Snow Leopard. It was a nuisance but I thought it was probably a one time problem. Nope. Contacts I corrected are now reverting to the "no name" category. Apple, HELP!

5. trasheff macrumors newbie

My contacts are fine, but address book and mail have become the slowest apps on my computer under snow-leopard! Address book takes ages to open; gives me a nice spinning wheel, and then when i click onto a new group it starts to spin again ...

6. reubs macrumors 68000

Same here; finally trying to harness the "power" of address for some smart groups and stuff, but it seems to be one of the weakest apps on OS X. No options for nested smart groups, it doesn't appear. No place for "key words", except in Notes, but that sucks b/c it would be nice to have a "keywords" section that offered auto-complete. I assume, though, that people have made address book work in the past, otherwise there would be more well-known, viable alternatives.