Address Book not completely syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Hi, i've just got a UK 02 iPhone. I've gone through all the syncing process and set up the iPhone to automatically sync all my contacts etc, however, only 30 contacts are syncing to the iPhone instead of 37 that i have currently put into my address book.

Anyone got any ideas?.

2. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. autumnsong macrumors member

autumnsong

me too

I am having the same problem. I went in and manually added the other contacts, but when synced my phone the next time it deleted them again! Help!:eek:

4. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I have a similar issue. I synced the address book first time then added a new contact to address book on the computer. This new contact will not sync to the iphone now. Suggestions?

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It was doing the same thing for me so I created a new group "Phone contacts" and dragged all of the contacts I wanted in there and set the iPhone to just copy over those contacts and it's working great now.

6. Captain-Fungi macrumors member

I have the same problem not all my contacts get synched correctly. If anyone gets a fix I would be really interested.

Thanks

7. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I've been experiencing similar issues with Address book since iPhone release. It doesn't just stop there, the same happens with iCal events also.

I think the issue lies around newly created/changed contacts and events. For some reason iTunes randomly? doesn't sync most recent changes in Address Book and iCal unless iTunes realizes there was a change.

So if I quickly add a note to an iCal event and sync with iTunes ... the changes don't reflect on the phone. same for vice versa ...changes on my iPhone don't sync with the desktop.

Sometimes changing other things on problem items helps. as mentioned by another poster above... if you move a contact to a group... rename it ... it will register as a change and sync. Same thing with an iCal event ..if you change the event time...add an alarm it may register with iTunes as changed and sync properly.

It really is a weird bug and it scares me sometimes as i'm afraid a new contact i put on my phone will delete on the next sync . it's happened to me twice already. Lose an important contact = missed opportunity ::sad face::