Address Book not saving changes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JordonF, Nov 24, 2009.

1. JordonF macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I have some contacts in my Address book that won't save any changes I make to them.

For example: Address book shows XXX@gmail.com for a contact name. when I replace it with their real name and de-press the edit button, close out of the application and restart, none of my changes are saved.

I've tried syncing with gmail and trying to fix the problem, I've tried not doing this. Nothing works. Help!:(

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Things could be a bit off if you're syncing with services like Google, MobileMe, or Yahoo. You can update all you want locally but the next time it syncs with the server it could override your changes. Disable syncing via the Address Book preferences->Accounts tab. Try updating the local information on your computer, before re-enabling those sync services. And before you re-enable syncing, be sure to export out a copy of the valid data from the File menu in Address Book.

3. JordonF thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that. Nothing. I've also tried repairing disk permissions to no avail. :(

4. Brunno macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem as JordonF. It's driving me nuts! The worst is when iSync works its magic with my Nokia N80 and my iPod touch, it even erases any changes and/or new contacts from the mobile devices.

I tried importing from from google, yahoo, facebook and my contacts list is now all messed up with lots of double entries. It ruined my years old address book...

5. Brunno macrumors newbie

I have now reported it to Apple.
    I sent the below to the feedback section of Mac OS X:

I intentionally masked my email address to prevent it from leaking to bad advertising bots!

This issue is seriously driving me nuts. I can't stand the idea that any contacts I add to my iPod will deleted as soon as I plug it to iTunes.