Address Book not synching with Apple Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tiki35, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

I used Outlook 2003 on my PC where I had 1000 contacts.
    I purchased Little Machines,O2M to transfer the contacts to my Mac.
    O2M saved all my contacts as one .vcf which I then imported successfully into my Address Book.

When I open the Address Book from Applications, I can see all my imported Contacts.

But when I go to use Apple Mail, and send a new email, and click Address Panel from the Window menu, the All Contacts is empty and Mail is not autcompleting any addresses from my Address Book, so the point of the import is not useful.

Anyone experience this?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

3. Tiki35 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Then the O2M did something.

What version of OS X are you running?

First close Mail and open Address Book. Then in Address Book go the program's Preferences and in the make sure the 'Default account' is set to the Mail account you want to use.

If you are on lion I urge you to use the free iCloud service. Just use Lion's System Preferences->Mail & Contacts pane and make sure everything is set\up right to sync with your email account server. To use the free iCloud server just use System Preferences->iCloud and set up a free account. Make sure you check Address Book also in that pane. Then see if it works properly.

If this doesn't work let use know, Good Luck.

5. Tiki35, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012

Tiki35 thread starter macrumors 6502

Am using Lion 10.7.4

I went into Address Book Preferences and enabled my default email account under the General account so I thought it might work after that but no luck.

When I went to Address Panel when composing a new message in Mail, there was only one contact in there this time which was my email address from my default email account.

It seems odd that I would need to use iCloud as this feature is very new. They must have been able to transfer the Contact information from a PC to a Mac before iCloud came around.

Appreciate your help so far.

Update: When I only see my one contact (Me) in the Address Panel, when I now go back to Address Book and open it up, it only shows one Contact-Me (not my 1000). Hmmm.