Address Book not syncing all my contacts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Italstln13, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Italstln13 macrumors member

I have a macbook pro and a 1st generation ipod touch. I'm purchasing the iphone next week. In preparation for the iphone I decided to use address book and get together all my contacts and sync them to my ipod touch. Well I entered all my contacts into Address Book and synced my ipod touch right after. I ejected my ipod touch and began to scroll through my contacts on my ipod touch. However, I noticed that 11 contacts were missing. So I re-synced again thinking this would fix the issue, but it did not. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks!

BTW. All of my contacts are very basic, only listing names and phone numbers

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

are you only syncing groups ar are you syncing the whole Address Book? you might have forgot to put those 11 contacts into the group/s you set iTunes to sync.

3. Italstln13 thread starter macrumors member

I'm not sure thats it. I created all my contacts in address book. All of my contacts are located under GROUP>ALL>(this is where all my contacts are located)

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

not sure then sorry :eek:. thats just what i did when all my contacts didnt sync.

5. Italstln13 thread starter macrumors member

thank you for the very quick reply though! anyone else have any insight for me? Thanks!

6. Italstln13 thread starter macrumors member

Fixed it!!!!!!! Ran the application iSync. Went to iSync>Preferences>reset sync history. Then re-synced my ipod touch in itunes. Worked like a charm!