Address Book on iMac will not sync with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by designinternet, Oct 13, 2011.

1. designinternet macrumors newbie

I use an Imac, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, running Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Recently I updated my Address Book (sorted into groups etc) nothing major, I tried to update/sync with my iPhone 4 and since then I have lost all my contacts on my iPhone.

Tried support, can't help. Tried Apple Store, told me to upgrade to Lion.

Surely there must be a way to resolve this issue. The funny thing is when my iPhone syncs with my iMac, running iTunes 10.5 and has the IOS 5 updated - all looks fine but the contacts do not appear.

Don't want to upgrade to Lion, though it's not a lot of money but would like to hear if anyone can help us out and suggest any fixes I may be missing?

Thanks

2. tzus macrumors member

I think you need to upgrade to OS Lion 10.7.2

3. designinternet thread starter macrumors newbie

Makes sense. I may trying to uninstall address book first then plug it back in. Sync and see if that makes sense. I found this thread on Apple which may help solve the problem. I haven't had a go yet... :apple:

4. designinternet thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed! If anyone needs to know, I managed to fix the problem after searching through the Apple Support Forums.

Simply, connected iPhone 4 to ITunes.
    Synced.
    Backed up address book to Desktop.
    Uninstalled Address Book
    Cleared Cache
    Logged out
    Logged in
    Installed Addresses
    Synced
    Voila! All working!

For a far more technical version, you can find it here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2481