Address book question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by low82c10, Jul 22, 2012.

1. low82c10 macrumors newbie

New member here, this has been bugging me for a really long time.
    I noticed all my contacts are missing in my address book, i cant even add a new contact when i click on the + it does nothing. i have tried about everything i have seen on these forums, most of it having to do with syncing of iCloud which i don't have or use? i tried deleting the abcddb file, and still no luck, i see all my contacts in the metadata folder if i click on one of them. it opens up the address book but its just blank?? please help!

2. iwaffles macrumors newbie

Have you tried verifying/repairing your permissions in Disk Utility? That's where I would start.

3. low82c10 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Navigate to:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AddressBook.plist and drag the file to your Desktop. Restart AddressBook and check to see if the contacts are visible now.

5. low82c10 thread starter macrumors newbie

contacts still missing, do i leave that file on desktop?

6. jji7skyline macrumors 6502

jji7skyline

Go back to the directory, and if the file has been replaced automatically, rename the file something like 'backup' and put it back there for future reference.

7. low82c10 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Are your contacts showing up in Mail?

Do you use an online account for your contacts? What accounts do you have set up in Address Book?

9. low82c10 thread starter macrumors newbie

when i open "mail" i hit new message and i hit address book and nothing happens, i click everything else and it works. i never really used address book for emails and such it was just whatever 1st synced from my iphone, so it was just numbers. i only have gmail set up with the "mail"

10. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Again, what accounts do you have in Address Book?