Address Book Search Weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cepe Indicum, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Cepe Indicum macrumors regular

Hi everyone

I've done a quick search for this, but come back with no results. I'm sure I must be missing something very obvious, but I'm not sure what it is! Here's the issue:

In Address Book (Leopard, for info) I have about 200 contacts; I have set up Smart Groups based on words I enter into the Note field - no problems, and everything works great.

Today, I did a search for one of my contacts - using their name - making sure I had selected "All" on the left-hand side. It came back that the contact wasn't there. I must have accidentally deleted the contact...?

No... I scrolled down and found the contact manually. I tried five more contacts, randomly, using the search... 2 out of 5 had the same issue.

Can anyone suggest what I might have missed, or, if there is a glitch of some kind, how I might fix it?!

Thanks in advance, and - just by-the-way - I'm loving everything about Leopard, and have had no other issues so far.

All the best,

Dave

2. gcman105 macrumors newbie

I am having the same Address Book Weirdness

Hi Dave,

did you ever get the problem sorted?

3. stumphouse macrumors newbie

address book wierdness

Dave/GCman:

I too have the same problem - brand new i.mac and Leopard giving me fits with this problem. Used Power book G4 for years on OSX.3 with no problems.