Address Book Search Weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cepe Indicum, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Cepe Indicum macrumors regular

Oct 11, 2006
    Hi everyone

I've done a quick search for this, but come back with no results. I'm sure I must be missing something very obvious, but I'm not sure what it is! Here's the issue:

In Address Book (Leopard, for info) I have about 200 contacts; I have set up Smart Groups based on words I enter into the Note field - no problems, and everything works great.

Today, I did a search for one of my contacts - using their name - making sure I had selected "All" on the left-hand side. It came back that the contact wasn't there. I must have accidentally deleted the contact...?

No... I scrolled down and found the contact manually. I tried five more contacts, randomly, using the search... 2 out of 5 had the same issue.

Can anyone suggest what I might have missed, or, if there is a glitch of some kind, how I might fix it?!

Thanks in advance, and - just by-the-way - I'm loving everything about Leopard, and have had no other issues so far.

All the best,

2. gcman105 macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2008
    I am having the same Address Book Weirdness

Hi Dave,

did you ever get the problem sorted?
  3. stumphouse macrumors newbie

Mar 11, 2008
    address book wierdness

I too have the same problem - brand new i.mac and Leopard giving me fits with this problem. Used Power book G4 for years on OSX.3 with no problems.