Address Book/Spotlight quirk with iCloud

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bob Campbell, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Bob Campbell macrumors newbie

After running iCloud for some weeks, on a Mac Book Pro (Lion) and an iPhone 3GS (IOS 5), my Spotlight searches for names almost always produces the name twice. One example shows the correct Address Book entry, the other example says "Contact 4KB Last modified date and time" and there is also a picture of a file index card with a photo placement square large @ beside it.

Checking the location with Spotlight reveals a (hidden) Metadata file under my personal root (home) directory.

Has anyone come across this problem? Just started doing it from one day to the next - to my knowledge, I didn't change any settings. I've thought about backing up the Address Book, then deleting it from my Mac, and reinstalling from the iPhone, but I'm worried that an iCloud sync will wipe everything off my iPhone, instead of restoring the Address Book entries to the Mac. It's kind of scary to delete your entire contact list. The address book on the iPhone is perfect - syncs all take place - but the duplication of contacts in Spotlight bugs me.

2. jpma macrumors 6502

Hi

I've come across the same problem as you,
    infact, some even show three duplicate with one original than two duplicate.

do you have any solution to this yet?

Justin

3. Jfs5 macrumors newbie

I have had exactly the same problem.

I have deleted all the contacts from my Ios5 address book (which now is empty), deleted my iCloud account on my iPhone 4S and turned the iPhone on and off a couple of times....

and still all my contacts can be found using Spotlight.

I am not sure where these contacts reside!