Address Book Sync: losing contacts, doubling contacts, reverting to old versions

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Wharrgarbl, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Wharrgarbl macrumors member

Wharrgarbl

I'm currently involved in an apartment search in Vancouver, which means I'm adding contacts pretty quickly and updating them several times a day with more info.

Unfortunately the title says it all. People I add to address book are disappearing, people I change are reverting to the old version, and one person ended up being doubled as I added him again after he disappeared -- then he reappeared!

What's the deal? Anyone else experiencing this?

Are these jitters due to the high load on MobileMe, or has Steve shipped a not-ready-for-primetime product?

2. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Are you using Address Book or Entourage or Outlook to enter contacts?

If you're entering contacts into Entourage, what you've had happen will continue until a bug is fixed. Apple knows about it. MS has to be involved (hopefully are already). I suspect Outlook may be the same.

If you're entering them on your iphone and push is pushing back to your computer that is running Entourage - you will have the problem. I have disabled sync services in Entourage whenever I activate push or what to sync. I'm doing.

If your computer is a Mac and you're only using Address book and MS applications - it shouldn't be happening. There is a known problem with sync services in Entourage and MM. That's all I know.

3. Wharrgarbl thread starter macrumors member

Wharrgarbl

I'm entering them in Address book. I don't even have an iPhone or Entourage.

I have sync set to Automatic.

4. rikquinn macrumors newbie

Address book reverts to older version of contact

I am having this problem now. No Entourage...No I-Phone.

I edit the contact name. The edit seems to take. And then some time later it is back to what it was. Only the name...not tel #, etc.

Did you ever get a fix for this????

5. Rmurphy36 macrumors newbie

When I got MobileMe to sync between my iMac, iPhone and iPad it completely rearranged and lost some contacts, destroyed most of my 15 years worth of bookmarks and confused everything. I am gone when my 15 days free is up.

6. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

If it's so terrible, why are you even staying for the next two weeks?