Address Book Sync Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TXCraig, Aug 6, 2007.

1. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

I have been having a problem with syncing my Address Book with my iPhone that Apple support could not even figutre out.

I use the Address Book applicaion on my MacBook Pro and would like to sync it to my iPhone. The problem is- I have Mac Office 2004 installed also for world processing and spreadsheets but iTunes wants to sync with Entourage not Address Book.

I have not been able to get around this. If anyone knows how to tell iTunes to ignore Entrourage, please let me now.

Thanks.

2. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I, too, have Entourage and Office 2004 on my Macs, but have not had any problems as far as synchronization goes. I did my address book ONLY in my Mac software, not in Entourage, and when setting up my iPhone and my synchronization through dot mac I did not sync anything from Entourage or Office at all. My iPhone and my Macs all are quite happy with my Contacts list from the Mac OS X application and aren't looking to Entourage at all for any of that.....