Address Book Template Guidance

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Helphound, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Helphound macrumors newbie

This is my first post and I found it quite confusing to select the appropriate Forum to locate this message, apologies if it's in the incorrrect place.

I am running a new MacPro with Mac OS X Version 10.5.6.

I have partially mastered the Address Book Template facility and listed and ordered all of the possible phone, email, fax, address etc. entries, not all of which are used on every single Contact, but it now runs down to the Note section and therefore appears to be limited by it.

This means that it is neccesary to complete certain attributes from scratch when closing this window and preparing a new Contact in the Address Book which comprises four hundred Contacts with around two hundred to be added.

The only option appears to be to use the Notes section for categories, such as spouse, family, birthdays, local time, etc. which is not ideal as this means I can't prepare a complete template for new Contacts. Notes doesn't appear to include the facilty to add to the Template.

Somewhere I read in the Help files that once the Template had been set up then not only new Contacts, but existing Contacts were changed to the Template ordering. Is this correct?

Is there is a User Manual dedicated to Address Book that might assist me? I have three Mac OS X full manuals , but these do not go into the amount of detail necessary for the above.

One relatively minor point, I have somehow enlarged the Template window to full screen width, but now cannot reduce it to the normal size, red closes it and green takes it to full screen. Even rebooting the MacPro ends up with the same problem.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Starting with your last question first, to resize the window, just grab the lower right corner and drag to the desired size, as you would with any program's window on a Mac.

As for your other questions, I'm not sure I completely understand what you want. There are already fields, other than the Notes section, for spouse, birthdays, etc. The Notes section does not allow customizing such as adding fields within the Notes.

Can you clarify what you're trying to accomplish?