Address Book to Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by porcus-belle, Feb 22, 2011.

1. porcus-belle macrumors newbie

porcus-belle

I had mistakenly thought that Apple Mail and Entourage automatically shared the same Address Book application. But in switching from Mail (Version 4.3) to Entourage (Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac Version 12.2.1), they are not the same. I have tried to find a way of exporting from Mail to Entourage and from the Address Book application directly but haven't figured it out. If anyone knows a nice straightforward explanation somewhere online and can refer me to it, that would be great.

Just to be clear, I did export my contacts from Address Book to a folder using both the "Export Group vCard" and "Address Book Archive" options. But when I then went into Entourage and tried all the options I could find for importing contacts, I had no success. :confused:

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

In Entourage click on the Address Book icon at the top left next to the Mail icon. When viewing the Address Book click File, Import - Information from another Application - Apple Mail.
    That should help.

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I seem to remember this sync happening for me automagically.

Check this setting - for me, it keeps my contacts in sync between Address Book and Entourage (and my iPhone, when it connects).

Attached Files:

4. porcus-belle thread starter macrumors newbie

porcus-belle

Nope. That's what I have tried already. What comes up after you choose "Apple Mail are four items - Messages, Accounts, Rules and Signatures. I have imported all of those but nothing from the Address Book itself comes in.

5. porcus-belle thread starter macrumors newbie

porcus-belle

Yes, that did it perfectly, thanks. I love that word "automagically"!:D