Address Book V Address Panel?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eclipse, Sep 10, 2013.

1. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Hi all,
    For ages I've been unsure about the relationship between the Address Book, which as far as I can tell is software in its own right, and the Address Panel within Mail itself. Which rules? How do I create a final list of addresses and seek one set of rules with which to in the darkness bind them? ;) In other words, I have client emails, and sometimes groups of emails. Where do I go to set up a client 'group' (say there's a particular business name and I want to email 4 people from that business). Why isn't it all in the one place? It seems confusing and 'un-mac' to me to have them in 2 places?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

it is all pulled from the Address Book, so make any groups etc. there and Mail will pick them up.

What you might be seeing though it Mail remember previous recipients and that can cause confusion when the address populates as you type. You can clear out the previous recipients list by clicking the Window menu in Mail, then Previous Recipients... then command-a to select all then click the remove button.

3. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Excellent. Thank you.